What you need to know about Medicare with Mark Gottlieb
Thursday, October 7 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm| Free
Medicare seems to be somewhat confusing for a number of people, both when first applying; when transitioning into coverage from other coverage; when trying to change coverage; and with respect to the coverage they already have.
This program is being offered to try to “demystify” and simplify a person’s basic understanding of Medicare so as to ensure that they have or can obtain optimal coverage consistent with their medical and financial needs. This is especially important as we approach Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period
Topics to be addressed are as follows:
- Costs of Being Insured in the Medicare years
- Medicare Parts A and B – what they cover (Hospital and Outpatient); premium costs
- Discussion of different enrollment periods and rules re: signup periods, late fees, etc.
- Medicare Supplements – cover what Medicare Part B does not
- Medicare Part C – Medicare Advantage Plans –types; features; value-added features; premiums; advantages & disadvantages.
- Medicare Savings Accounts (MSA’s) – a new type of Medicare Advantage Plan
- Decision Points re: Choice of Medicare Supplement/Medicare Advantage Plans
- Hospital Indemnity Plans to insure against copays of Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicare Part D/Prescription Drug Plans – features; premiums; how to select
- Low Income Subsidy Program and Medicare Savings Program to help you pay
Mark Gottlieb, MHA, President of Gottlieb Insurance Advisory, will present this educational material. He is certified by most of the insurance companies which offer Medicare products, including AARP. He has conducted a variety of educational events and classes throughout the DC Metropolitan Area, including at both the Montgomery College and Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes.
Mark Gottlieb is an independent insurance broker who offers a wide array of products to persons of all ages in order to assist them to protect themselves and their significant others for the future. He is licensed, certified, and appointed to offer products from a large number of well-known and well-rated insurance companies. He has worked for several well-known insurance companies, including New York Life and Mutual of Omaha, but prefers to work as an independent agent/broker so that he may offer whatever product offers the greatest value to his clients.
After spending the first part of his career in the health services field doing strategic and business planning and development, as well as regulatory compliance, Mark entered the insurance industry in 2000 specifically to assist seniors to understand and to prepare for the potentially significant costs and impact of a long term care or chronic illness. Since that time, he has become a “full service” agent, offering life insurance, annuities, and Medicare products, as well as long term care insurance options. Mark has also served seniors in the capacity of Administrator of a 150-unit Senior Living Community, during which time he worked closely with and assisted seniors and their adult children to ensure that their needs were being optimally met.
He is licensed in both Maryland, the District of Columbia, and the Commonwealth of Virginia; is certified by AHIP to offer Medicare products; and is certified as an instructor for the Financial Planning for Caregivers module of the Alzheimer’s Association of the National Capitol Area. Mark also serves as a Guest Lecturer both at Montgomery College, and at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute in Washington, DC.
Mark is passionate about helping others to protect themselves and their loved ones relative to their financial security and piece of mind.