The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Series
A pass is your ticket to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites. Each pass covers entrance fees at national parks and national wildlife refuges as well as standard amenity fees (day use fees) at national forests and grasslands, and at lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. A pass covers entrance, standard amenity fees and day use fees for a driver and all passengers in a personal vehicle at per vehicle fee areas (or up to four adults at sites that charge per person). Children age 15 or under are admitted free.
- $80 Lifetime Senior Pass
- $20 Annual Senior Pass
- Available for: U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over. Applicants must provide documentation of age and residency or citizenship.
- How to purchase:
- In person at a federal recreation site (see PDF list of federal recreation sites that issue passes)
- Online–buy the lifetime pass or the annual pass online now through the USGS store!
- Through the mail using this application form (PDF).
- NOTE: There is an additional cost of $10 for passes purchased online or by mail. See more information about changes to the Senior Pass.
- Additional information:
- The Senior Pass may provide a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launch, and specialized interpretive services.
- The Senior Pass generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessioners.
- Golden Age Passports are no longer sold. However, these passes will continue to be honored according to the provisions of the pass.
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Interagency Senior Pass (USGS website)