Search the Around Town DC Directory for upcoming events and programs.
Faith communities offer far more than religious or spiritual connection! You might be surprised to discover your neighborhood synagogue, mosque, or church has discussion groups, support groups, music, volunteer opportunities, and more. Additionally, getting involved in a faith community is a great way to meet new people.
Don’t be shy about trying something new or visiting a community other than the faith you are accustomed to. Stop by your neighborhood faith community or visit its website to learn more.
Some of the programs are listed on the Find A Program page in the category that best fits the program’s focus.
- The Jewish Community Center (after renovation) offers fitness classes, lectures, music, theatre and many other programs for people of all faiths.
- The Foundry United Methodist Church offers book groups, lectures, author talks, films, LGBTQ+ activities, as well as fitness classes and music.
- National City Christian Church holds mid-day music programs on Fridays at 12:15 pm. All are welcome.
- National United Methodist Church features adult meals, adult Sunday school classes, live streamed services, and volunteer opportunities.
- St. Columba’s Episcopal Church offers a number of lectures, discussion groups, workshops, and choirs that are engaging and welcoming.
- Temple Sinai has many opportunities for adult continuing education, music, and book groups.
Let us know about other faith communities (specifically in Ward 2 and 3) offering programs for older adults 60 and up. Email: Community@iona.org.